Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace. By this sacrament, the baptized are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. As true witnesses of Christ, they are to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.
”By the sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.”Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1285
The Archdiocese of Denver has begun the deliberate process of restoring the order of the sacraments of initiation to their proper theological and historical order (following Baptism, Reconciliation in second grade, Confirmation and Eucharist in third grade).
To watch a video about the Restored Order and to read the Pastoral Letter “Saints Among Us” from Archbishop Aquila click below.
If you are an adult, 18 years or older, wanting to receive Confirmation, please visit our RCIA page.
For children, we have a two-year program preparing them to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation in 2nd grade and Confirmation and Eucharist in 3rd grade.
2nd graders (and older children who have not yet received the Sacrament of Reconciliation) will prepare for and receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation (first confession) in the spring.
3rd graders (and 4th and 5th graders whether or not they have already received First Communion) will prepare for and receive the sacraments of Confirmation and First Eucharist in the spring. (Children already receiving Communion will be Confirmed in the same Mass).
Baptized children should register for their appropriate grade level class each year (based on the Colorado public schools cut-off date of October 1.) If your child has not yet been baptized, please contact Brenda Maxwell at 303-988-6435 x 18 or email@example.com.
Confirmation for 6-12th grade
We have officially moved the age of Confirmation down to the 3rd grade in the process of Restoring the Order of the Sacraments. If you are 6-12 grade and still have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation, please check in late Summer/ early fall for registration for the 2021-2022 school year, we still maintain a class for this age group (time and day TBD), as well as expect that they will attend youth group for their age group. Middle School Youth (6-8th) meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-8PM and High School Youth meets on Sundays from 12:30-2PM.
This class is only taught in English, I have a great recommendations for other surrounding parishes if you prefer to take it in another language.
Here is a list of requirements for that class, so you can begin to prepare:
- Must attend Sunday Masses and all Holy Days of Obligation (no exceptions, you can even attend online if you have health concerns)
- Memorize basic Catholic Prayers (Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Act of Contrition, Before Meals Prayer, St Michael, Angel of God)
- Must attend Reconciliation regularly (at least 1 a year, hopefully monthly) – We have confessions on Saturdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. and by appointment, but there are many parishes nearby who also have other times and days
- Must choose a Catholic Saint (check out saints websites for patron saints of what you are interested) See this document for help and to see what is expected for Saints projects.
- Must choose a Sponsor (must be a practicing Catholic and be in good standing with the Church) *see this document for details.
- Must understand the following objectives (the link is for the Archdiocese of Denver and says 3rd graders – we have the same objectives but ask that they understand them on a deeper level)
If you need a good place to start learning what the Church teaches, please make sure you at least have a Catholic Bible and a Catechism.
Here are the ones we recommend you have:
- Life Teen Bible (purchase here) or search for it on Amazon or find it in local Catholic stores
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (purchase anywhere, even used for $3-12 a copy) or view it here for free.