The Religious Education program at St. Jude has need for:
- Catechists (grades K-5) who can instruct on Wednesdays 4:30 to 5:45 pm, or on Sundays 12:30 – 1:45 pm.
- Teacher’s Aides to assist teachers with their weekly class.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word helpers. CLW meets the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month during the 11 am Mass and brings the Gospel to the children at their level. The children leave the 11 am Mass for a short time to learn about the Gospel, through activities and music and discussion. They then return to the church for the remainder of the Mass.
- Christmas pageant director or assistant. Each December the children present the Christmas story. Adult help is needed to make this successful.
- Christmas Pageant costume creators/helpers.
- Beginning in 2014, we will be facilitating a new week-long summer program for children. Many adult leaders, assistants, snack providers etc. will be needed.
- If you can provide snacks for children on Sunday or Wednesday during their classes, please let us know!
2. Youth Ministry (grades 6 -12) contact: Megan Weber 303-988-6435 x 30 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Brenda Maxwell x 18 or email@example.com
The Youth Ministry program at St. Jude has need for:
- Confirmation Core Team Volunteer *
- Jr. High Core Team Volunteer*
- High School Core Team Volunteer*
- High School Discipleship Group Leader *
- Jr. High Discipleship Group Leader*
- Living Stations Adult Volunteer (sets, costumes)
- Living Stations Adult Volunteer (directing)*
- Office/ Youth Center helper
- Prayer Warrior
- Snack Provider
- Service Events Coordinator*
- Social Events Coordinator*
- Worship Leader*
- Shopper/ Bargain Hunter
- Mission trip/ World Youth Day Coordinator*
- Meals Coordinator for Retreats/ Events*
- Young Adult Group
3. RCIA/RCIC (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults/Children) – contact: Deacon Mike Bunch firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Capaldo-Smith 303 986 9269
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) group meets every Thursday evening from 7 pm – 9 pm. We are looking for people who want to share the Catholic faith with those who are considering becoming Catholic.
- Catechists who facilitate the program of instruction
- Sponsors for baptism and confirmation candidates
- People who supply baked goods/snacks for our meetings
- Mentors who spend time with the individual such as attending Mass together or simply answering questions
- Prayer support people who will pray for those going through the process of discernment
4. Special Education
St. Jude has an excellent program for Special Education students which meets on Tuesday evenings. Contact Diane Schreiber at 303-980-5504 if you are interested in helping with this rewarding ministry.